View Single Post
Old November 18th, 2005
Valued Member contributor

Grandpa will become famous soon enough

flrman

Not that it really mater's but I have and do run many anti viruses not that I am paranoid I just like to test and to know what I am talking about. I have and do run at different times Avast, Norton, Mcafee , ZoneAlarm, AVG, and Panda. I have tested many others to many to list.

In all the testing and running of the different anti virus software I have done I have found that they all preform pretty much equally. Free or not generally paid for anti virus is have more features and tools and are more user friendly personally I prefer Norton but as memory hogs go it is about the worst but I find it to be the most user friendly of all.

When a new virus shows up it is pretty much a crap shoot as to who will discover and wright a fix for it first but once it is discovered they all pretty much share information. One thing is pretty certain if a new virus comes out one of the first places it will show up is on P2P networks.

Any way it doesn't really matter what anti virus you run what is important is that you run one. Preferably one that you understand and know how to use.

java.com - Hot Games, Cool Apps

A little common sense goes a long way

Later Grandpa