View Single Post
Old November 20th, 2005
Novicius

wtango is flying high
Default being sure others can uplaod from me

I have tried to read all subjects pertaining to this but am still lost somewhat. My ip address starts with 216....., browser mozilla/5.0 Windows;U; windows nt 5.1;enus;rv:1.4 Gecko/20030624 netscape/7.1(ax)
Did a test with bug on limewire (someone's suggestion) and it showed false. Connection is broadband--via rhin II Fast Ethernet Adapter, speed 113 kbps download, 78 kbps upload.
I do not have much trouble with downloads and have only seen 1 upload that did not take but not many uploads shown and many hits, is that normal? Limewire is showing a firewall but have disabled windows firewall. I do have Norton Antivirus which is a free trial (new computer). I am not able to find a place in the Norton program for firewalls, does the antivirus not come with a personal firewall? If so do I need to worry about the firewall Limewire shows?
As most can tell I am new to this, just want to give as much I as I have recieved
There are many more files that I would like to share but there are some that I have not listened to in quite some time. If there are files that I share that may be scratched? is there a way to find out that they are not any good? Will someone let me know?
Which brings up another question, if I download something that has scratches is there a way I can let that host know, maybe that person does not know?
ONE!!! more question. There are a few files that I have shared that somewhere I have noticed that they are only good for so many ? (downloads, transfers) do I need to delete them? will someone try to upload and only get static?

Thanks for all of your help!
Take to the skies and soar with the eagles, or the sparrows!!