Thread: disconnecting ?
View Single Post
Old November 24th, 2005
Novicius

SausageJockey is flying high
Default DISCONECTING

Granpa

Been having the same problems.

Have studied the forum extensively and looked at Limewire FAQ's & Norton/Symantec FAQ's

I have deleted the .Limewire folder, run the 'patch', used the 'Purger' and just about every other piece of advice. I can get turbo-charged speeds for a few minutes and then I have no internet access at all and the downloads/uploads cease!

I am operating in Leaf mode not Ultrapeer.

Frankly, I have heard of viruses that are less annoying! PC and Network are clear from viruses & spyware BTW.

However, your suggested tests indicate firewall issues.

Results are;

1) Windows XP Home SP2
2) Norton Systemworks 2005 (So AntiVirus 2005 with Internet Worm Protection) - Windows Firewall turned off
3) 1 GB RAM
4) 186 GB Hard disk space available
5) Broadband - 1MB
6) Modem - Netgear ADSL DM602
Router US Robotics USR 018054
7) Home
8) Limewire 4.9.37 Pro (Bought & Paid for!) Java 1.4.2-10
9) Vispa (U.K.)
10) No other P2P progammes. This computer connects to the modem via the router, 1 other PC does likewise and a laptop connects wirelessly. (Other 2 have no P2P Programmes on them)
11) When I go to www.3.Limewire.com.6346 - 'Connection is refused'
12) Test comes back 'False' Even with Windows and Norton Worm Protection both disabled ( I never use both firewalls at any one time)
13) Speed Test 918 kbps Download. 237 kbps upload.

I have configured Norton to allow access to Limewire & Java on ALL ports and permitted Java & Limewire in Windows firewall but regradless of either firewall being on, or both off, the problem remains the same.

I am a longstanding Limewire supporter. THE PROBLEM IS NOT LIMEWIRE, I am sure of it as every other version (Basic & Pro) has worked for me but this is driving me bananas!

Help Gramps!