View Single Post
Old November 25th, 2005
aged member

The Elder is flying high
Default update on QA and trash distribution

Hi Terri
This might interest you. Six months ago I shared a file with a typo in the title (Goode vice Good). I noticed the error while the file was being downloaded from me. Interesting. So, I did a test and searched for the file myself. I stopped counting at 450 sources for this file with the same typo. Anyone familiar with the title would have recognized the typo and corrected it before sharing (if they QA'd instead of auto sharing their download files).

Even more interesting, there were 41 sources (exact match) at a size of 134.4Kb. I suspected something so, I did a search for a ficticious file. I got three hits with a partial match and an exact match from 71 sources (at 134.4Kb). Conclusion. This outfit is automatically monitoring LW searches and generating instantaneous responses.

Try it. I don't know if they are doing it 24 hrs a day but, if they can do it, others can.

I'm making some Christmas CDs for our local nursing home. Out of 35 files, 12 of them had the wrong artist listed. Either the providers are very, very young or something is wrong with their hearing. At any rate, they are not QA'd and are available from many sources.

I have them, along with 20 other files, in my problem folder. Will I submit them to Bitcollider? I'd like to but they don't provide a quick and easy way to report this type error without jumping through their hoops.