View Single Post
Old November 28th, 2005
Apprentice

jmb is flying high
Default Update the .dat & .bak files after crash? (Incomplete files)

Got a similar problem on mac os x 10.4 (tiger):

LimeWire Pro 4.9.37 (with java 1.4.2) crashed 2 times in the past 6 weeks, and asked for basic settings to be entered again (language to use, location of shared folder, ...) at relaunch. All my incomplete files are NOT recognized anymore although some were almost complete and very difficult to find (weeks of bit-searches!)...

ALL incomplete file names appear in red text (instead of black), they still have their initial (before-crash) incomplete file-size... but as I launch them again to complete them, they appear as 0%, when some were 80%, 90% or whatever close to be complete!

Sure, my computer was running on its own, when I noticed that it had no space (storage memory) left, and decided to quit limewire and restart my computer. Maybe there was no space left to update these 2 "vital files" dat & .bak, that you are talking about.
But why then, after making space on my disk again, and launching LimeWire again, doesn't the program automatically refresh the informations about incomplete files correctly (just by analysing the actual incomplete files)?

And why can't I complete them, as they appear in red text (in the incomplete files' library)?

Is it possible to update the .dat & .bak files after crash?

Thanx for your suggestions!

---------------------------------