View Single Post
Old November 27th, 2001
Unregistered

First let me state that I like Xolox despite the problems I've had: I've D/L far more than I've lost...bugs will be worked out. I suppose the number of differing system configurations and capabilities has something to do with it.

When mine freezes, I have lots of RAM left: 143MB, 173Mb, etc. I still get: "System is dangerously low in resources, would you like to terminate xolox.exe"? Well, duh; no I wouldn't. I keep TSR's at a minimum; I've tried different configurations of swap file: static, dynamic, smaller, larger (250MB); tried different cache-size buffers, disk cache size. So what's low in resources, if not RAM, Swap File, Disk Cache, etc.? I can't track it.

I defrag regularly, yes I backup xolox/temp directory as well as the 3 .txt files; I've still lost hundreds of MB's, files that were 99% completed, then next day, down to 14% or 0%. Using recovery tools I find a number of JOB-segment files have been deleted, and when I put them back, Xolox automatically deletes them again without warning. No doubt the Resumeinfo.txt file tells Xolox to do this, perhaps because the contents are corrupted somehow...maybe the segments are inaccessible and Xolox rewrites the resumeinfo file correspondingly and deletes what it considers now-unecessary files from the /temp directory...

Anyhoo, I'm going to stick with you Xolox and team, keep up the good work...looking forward to the next update.