View Single Post
Old December 1st, 2005
Novicius

bob the camper is flying high
Unhappy The "disk problem" problem

I've seen this subject posted in a few forums, but this seems the most logical place for it. Apparently several people, myself included are experiencing this.

The problem: when reaching 100% on a download, LimeWire will show "disk problem" under Status. It doesn't happen with every download, so it's an intermittent thing. It just happens to be the files I most want, and when this occurs, needless to say the file doesn't get saved. This isn't a connection issue, as some downloads are possible, and this problem only occurs at the END of a download.

I have seen a number of replies suggesting bad drives or limited disk space. This is not the cause. I don't know what the cause is, but I have tried changing my download folder to different partitions on the same drive as well as different physical drives, all of which are working well and have more than enough room. So when this problem occurs, it appears to have nothing to do with the actual drive at all.

As for system and program information, I am using the most recent LimeWire basic available (4.9.37), on a clean and well-maintained Windows 2000 machine with many drive partitions of varying free space.

Since no one else who has posted about this problem seems to have much knowledge about their own computers, I'm hoping this slightly more detailed post from an experienced semi-techy type will bring different results Any ideas?