View Single Post
Old November 27th, 2001
Novicius

oneborn is flying high
Exclamation Excuses, Shmexcuses

You big sharers are my gods! I'm sharing my puny 10 gigs at the moment and adding another 30 gig drive for my small contribution...and up' more than I down'. But tell me this doesn't burn your ***:
The machine can be on 24/7 with say 20 requests; for a full day, I'm lucky at times to get 2-3 partial d/l's---naturally though, it's upping constantly. So it can take weeks (even with DSL) to down' a large rare file. Add to that the following scenario: I'm lucky enough to connect to a 850MB file---one instance available only; I manage to get 50%-425MB then the user decides not to share the file for 7-10 days for whatever reason. During that time I share that partial with 10 other users, before my original guy comes back on. So now 10 others having the same 425MB, are competing with me to complete the D/L. Too bad, 'cause if I could have completed mine, we'd have 2 complete instances of the file to share not to mention the fact that when it's a popular file I'll copy it and share it from another machine...Anyway, this is a rant forum, right?