View Single Post
Old December 3rd, 2005
Enthusiast

Bubba_Gump is flying high
Default Not an answer.

Quote:
Originally posted by et voil�
Ok I'm gonna clear things a bit

<...> Allowing one upload per person will fix that bug and allows spreading files to more people.
Hi, I'm afraid that doesn't clear things up because, as was already noted: I DO have LW set for only one upload slot per IP, and it does indeed work... as I don't have more than one of the same IP downloading from me at any one time.

BUT THIS IS NOT THE PROBLEM!

This thread was started because, if connected long enough, most/all of your upload slots will eventually be taken up with the exact same file, every one of them uploading to a different host/IP and typically not even by the same software/version.

Quote:
<...> If a file is taking all your upload slots, it is a popular file and other people are probably already sharing that file, so you should unshare that file if you want to benefit to the network by sharing other files. That's what I do
It seems HIGHLY unlikely that 20 different people are suddenly all clamoring to download "funny-Budweiser nuclear hamster.mpg" or "funny cats.avi". This problem is "file independent", so unsharing a particular file would only "solve" the problem for one day. The next time you connect, it will be something else.