View Single Post
Old December 6th, 2005
Novicius

skyscraper is flying high
Default Runtime Troubles

I start of and be honest, I'm very new to linux and still trying to find my legs within the shell, so pleas exuse any stuiped comments I may make;

I recently trying to get LimeWire to install within my Fedora 4 Linux distro but having some trouble. Because LimeWire requires Java (lol why couldn't they have written this it in c+) I installed the lastest version for linux version 1.4.2 and the install when fine within the shell, it confirm as been installed and the command which java also confirmed this.

Now when I attempt to install LimeWire I keep getting the error message Failed dependencies - j2re >= 1.4.1 is needed by LimeWire-free-4.9.37-0. Now I attempt to try to download the earlier version 1.4.1 but Sun have discontinue this release.

I crusied the LimeWire fsite and download the Any Os Version of limewire basic. The file was download in a ZIP file and when I extracted it into desptop I was greet with a directey. Once in the dir (Also looking throught the shell via the CD & Dir commands). But I don't have a clue what to do with these files or what commands to use to tackle them within the shell? Anyway if anyone could help it would be grateful, thanks in advance.

Also by default I'm a WinMX users, does any know any documations on how to get a WinMX client working in a linux enviorment and is that possible?