View Single Post
Old December 7th, 2005
Gnutella Admirer

Morb is flying high

Somethings are just worth repeating. This is one of them. And some rules just have to be broken to accomplish anything. So be it. If LW want people to shut up about it, then perhaps LW can state their official position on the topic and be done with it. I'll go with option #2. I believe LW has conspired with the RIAA. Even heard rumor that they keep records on the IP's of people who post in forums like this. I mean there's just too much lack of evidence, outspoken word from LW officials about why every search comes up with spam, virus's and the recording of people's IP addresses in forums like this one. Nothing is being done about it. But newer, less useful versions keep coming out, without much discernable improvement to be talked about. Though I also agree with #1 as well, they don't care. They don't even bother to filter out they're own pro version from limewire basic! As I see it, LW tries to improve upon their previous versions as long as it doesn't interfere with RIAA's or money interests. I guess if the big business of food industry can have secret laboratories that produce chemicals that make people fat and addicted to food to exploit customers for profit then why wouldn't LW do the same thing and exploit paying customers to do dirty work like deliberately and ignorantly share virus's and market adds (that I believe are deceptive for other purposes) all in the name of profit. Why hasn't LW been shut down then for either? Where there any answers (excuses) to this?