View Single Post
Old December 8th, 2005
Disciple

photohammer is flying high
Default well this seems to hit a nerve

I don't think that improving the software or opening it for the end user to edit adjust the software make the statement of legal or illegal use of the software

sharing files and the tools that search for and assist is downloading files is nothing more than a tool ... you can use google to find files by type (mp3, avi, pdf) and as for downloading such you need nothing other than the same web browser used to surf the web

peer to peer networking is a part of networking itself, if files and the data in the files were not sharable and editable you have television... and lets face this fact, the world is not going to go backwards and accept a broadcast of ideas and not be able to share their own

I understand the point of the record and movie companies, as a producer of music and video myself of course I don't want my work stolen or do I condone stealing of work

but access to files is not a crime... you can use yahoo to look up how to made a bomb, or msn to search for chemical supplies..

tools such as limewire give small independant producer a way to get seen, at that point the work will stand on its own

so all that said... to ignoor a fault - and this is a fault, there is no possible way to not see this huge hole --

is to say Limewire is activly partisapation in spreading virus's and spyware by taking advantage of the novice computer user

-- and thats is a big steaming load to drop on the LW plate... , if McDononlds was told the meat was only a little bad so only children would get sick from it....

currently LW is king of the peer to peer, I don't know what that means in hard dollars, I would think that any major movie corp, of big software company could just write a check and buy it.. but that would still not stop file sharing...

and the cassette tape didn't put the music biz on poor street, recordable cd's was not the end of software companies - the people in power always fear change, tommarrows winners embrace change and are the first to adopt it.

hey does anyone have a needle for my record player....never mind I sold it as collectable on ebay