View Single Post
Old December 8th, 2005
Canadian

Matt0401 is flying high

I'm sorry about my leeching problem. :P I'm just a wee bit paranoid is all! I try to give back to the community in whatever ways I can though, such as helping out people on the Gnutella forums with their technical problems and stuff like that.

One thing I forgot to mention is that you only get in trouble for uploading "copyrighted" files, such as Britney Spears's latest hit song, or a copy of Microsoft's Windows XP. You can share your own files and release them under the GNU license. Examples includes podcasts, or anything else that YOU own the rights to. Also, using it for direct file sharing is another option. Like for example, you want to send a home video to grandma (assuming she uses LW :P), and don't feel like burning her a disc. These are all legal and intentional uses of the Gnutella Network!

P.S. ---> I never used to be such a "leech". Before, I'd share thousands of songs and hundreds of movies from my home network, but lately I realize just how much trouble that can get me in!

P.S. #2 ---> Despite being a leech, I am NOT a selfish person! I recently donated half my net-worth to a charity for poor families in my city who can't afford to celebrate Christmas! Lol, I'm 15, and don't have a job. I don't have much money... So it was a huge gift really! >.<