View Single Post
Old December 9th, 2005
Apprentice

Solo is flying high

The files would get all completed and when LW goes to verify them, that's when the corrupt message pops up.
All the files when downloaded at my house are fine. It's only when I try to use the computer at work that the problem happens. And yes I doubled checked to make sure the files are from the same source.

My office went to fiber-opt from ADSL. When it was on ADSL, there was never a problem. Only when they went to fiber-opt and when I upgraded LW did this problem start.
So I'm not sure as to what the real cause is. Now both my home and office comp run the same version of LW but I don't know if something went wrong when I upgraded at work or not.

I'm leaning towards that the server at work is blocking some-how but I don't know how. Plus, I can't ask them to allow LW to work with-out getting into trouble. Not that I'm downloading anything wrong or illegal, but since it's the work's network sys, probably not a good idea to let them know I'm downloading things on my personal computer on their network. Does this make any sense?

I've tried all the sorts of ways including what was suggetsed by you and no luck. Should I just give up on the music? It's mainly for my work for the kids I teach when I don't have a seasonal song or song of interest on me that I download at all. I guess I could just wait to get some time at home and do this but kind of sucks to do it that way. Any other advice on this?