View Single Post
Old December 10th, 2005
Valued Member contributor

Grandpa will become famous soon enough

Any spam filter I have ever seen has never worked as well as a little common since. Lets see what was the fact I just read O yes there are 250 viruses being written every month and a unknown number of spam files.

Now lets see I am no program writer but if I wanted to get my spyware or virus spread and I new that apps were using size filters. I think I would just make them the size of common files.

Lets think how I might do that, don't know if it would work but lets say I wrote a file that is 857.1 Kb in size and I wanted to make it bigger humph what if I just held down the AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA not to hard to make a file any size you want is it.

As far as a network that doesn't have spam and viruses on it I haven't found it yet. In my opinion the only thing a file size filter is going to do is block out legitimate files thus leaving less usable files to share.

But who knows I could be wrong it wouldn't be the first time nor the last.

java.com - Hot Games, Cool Apps

A little common sense goes a long way

Later Grandpa