View Single Post
Old December 11th, 2005
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

That's why I suggested going to Norbie's world to ask what the dll is used for & whether it can be removed (Norbie doesn't only help with virii, etc. but also general system problems.) I noticed at least 2 of the links I left they recommended removing it. But if it is a necessary file for LW & FW then leave it.

But that's quite a severe Java crash you're getting. It looks as though it's totally failing. And the error seems to stem from that dll. But perhaps the dll is not the cause but just an item in a chain of actions but the one that Java sees as failing. ie: the origin of the failure may be in an earlier step. I'm not windows savvy enough to know. But as you said, it seems to affect both LW & FW.

I notice you're using laptops. Have you been to their support sites to see if those particular models have any issues? Are they networked & how are they networked?

Did LW & FW work ok before? Or is this your 1st time using both LW & FW? Any changes to system that might have changed things? Anything you can think of that might have affected them before this started happening?

Last edited by Lord of the Rings; December 11th, 2005 at 08:25 AM.