View Single Post
Old December 11th, 2005
Apprentice

leighzx is flying high
Default downloading java runtime environment

Sorry if you have heard this a thousand times, and i have read relative threads and have tried several suggestions, probably doing more harm than good, but i need help like you were talking to a five year old, as when it comes to pc`s i`am new to it all. I recently had a friend install a new HD for me with XP SP2 on it, i used to have 2000! went to limwire to retrieve my pro account and it downloaded without java and says go to java.com for latest download. Press download ( i have tried all manner of download options) and get XP SP2 warning click yellow bar to install active x control to continue download i do this and it continues to the run/save banner and then stops giving me a window installer banner saying this installation package could not be opened.Verify that the package exists and that you can open it or contact application vendor to verify that this is a valid windows installer package. So far i have allowed active x controls past the firewall!!! Please can someone guide me through this so i can get limewire back, i beg you!!!

Also slightly off subject since going to xp from 2000 my connection speed is the same but page download speed even with all cookies in place is taking 3/4 times longer,it`s painful. I`am tight and still use 56k but now it is just too slow. anybody know why this could be?

Any help would seriously be appreciated.