View Single Post
Old December 14th, 2005
Novicius

Stargaser is flying high
Default Connection and download, if one works the other doesn't

I have Optimum Online and Norton Antivirus firewall. Just like many other users with the same ISP provider, I began to experience connection problems with my Limewire and Kazaa.

I still can't connect to my Kazaa However, after endless tinkering, I was able to establish connection to Limewire. Now I'm not computer savvy, I just played around with the many suggestions found on this board. At first I couldn't connect at all. Then after days of trying few things, I managed to get fair and then good connection. Today, I managed to get all the way up to the Turbo-charged and I hope that this will last.

After going through all this, I'm still faced with the same problem. I can't seem to download. Before, I used to have Limewire light. I got search results within seconds and was able to download songs within minutes. Now that I've updated to Limewire PRO I have more headaches than with the last version.

1. If I do get results, there are only few options, even for popular artsist like Madonna. Fewer search results often leads to "more sources" needed when I try to download a song that is very popular and should give me at least 100 hit results.

2. Limewire search used to be lightning quick. For some reason, now it takes forever. Is there a bug in the PRO version?

3. The biggest problem when I finally do receive some results, and click to download, my downloads display "Connecting..." message for every single download. It's been hours and the message is still the same. Does anyone have some words of wisdom on how I can address this problem.

Thank you in advance.

Last edited by Stargaser; December 14th, 2005 at 01:26 AM.