View Single Post
Old November 29th, 2001
Data Cartridge

Becker is flying high

Quote:
Originally posted by Morgwen
Becker,

I use DSL 768k down, 128k up...

I have never reached with bearshare 70KB...
And we heared, wait for the defender...

Does this legendary defender exist?
I mean is there a version after the alpha release 16?

The world of legends and fantasy...

Morgwen
Well vinnie never said we coulnt take about defender after we left. So Alpha build 27 i think was the last build i tested. so it was real at one time. Its odd that you never reached 70KB with bearshare. How do you have the search set up? I have the speed coloum right next to the rank coloum. This way i see green rank and see a close range of the speed they can send at. I know i can get up 1.1MB downloading on cable but i never see that speed with bearshare. I avg around 100-300kb.

You listed the features in morphus. i edited to make this post shorter. Auto resume is in bearshare but with many drawl backs. If the person you are downlaoding off of changes IP you are screwed. another was chat and IM.. there was much debate at BS.net about this. The way defender did chat was nice. you only were in a chat if you joined a supernode. and you didnt have to go in to the chat. I would not like a IM setup. people bugging me about my downloads while i am away and i come back to 50 messages.. But i will try morphus once again. .. if u can give me thier website that is

Becker