View Single Post
Old December 15th, 2005
Novicius

Abelsrevenge is flying high
Default Limewire 4.9 won't load on Mac OSX 10.3.9

Recently upgraded to Limewire 4.9 on OSX 10.3.9. Install went fine, but when loading the app, it hangs at "loading user interface". Sometimes it goes a step beyond that but still does not open the app. Have to force quite to close it. I then paid for the 4.9 Pro upgrade, got my two emails, re-installed Pro over basic but had no better luck. Tried blowing the old s/w away and reinstalling fresh but no change. Never had a problem before with older Limewire running on 10.3.9 or any prev OSX version.

Tried repairing disk permissions. That allowed me to open Limewire the first time round but it then hung when it was trying to establish connections. Force quite and try again and it gets stuck again at the "loading user interface" prompt. I automatically run OSX s/w update and have latest Java running. Tried accessing Limewire Pro support but when I enter my email address that I used to purchase the s/w it just directs me to the screen to repurchase the s/w.

Can anyone offer some suggestions as I'm desperate now? Any idea why I cannot get to Limewire support or how I can get there.

Thanks...