View Single Post
Old December 18th, 2005
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

Are you sure it closed down as in exits itself, or are you getting confused with "idle" mode. This is simply LW closing off a single peer connection as it's not needed. LW only needs 2 peers & many other gnutella programs only use 2 peers to connect with (freeing up a peer means it's available to help others to get connected to the gnutella network. Once connected they can find other peers.) So if you're not at your computer searching, you don't need that other peer to connect to to search. LW will still continue to downld. If it stops then it's probably not as a result of idle mode but because you didn't have enough sources to downld from in the 1st place ... they may have gone offline or else, you're swapping connection to one of their slots with others in turn or the connection quality between you & them dropped in quality due to the dynamic net ... such as net traffic, etc. Idle mode works fine, some people claim it causes them to lose their downlds but in my experience, I leave LW running for hrs & days on end. It continues to downld the whole time or most of the time (there's exceptions.) If it has stopped then I do a quick browse of host & bingo the downld(s) starts again (or else they've gone offline.) So for myself, idle mode has never been a problem.

However if you're saying your LW crashes during that time then that's an issue. Or if it loses total connection, then we'd need to know more details. Do this test: Bug Report instructions & sample image Is the result True/False?