View Single Post
Old December 20th, 2005
Novicius

imasloetyper is flying high

Hi Bob,

I want to thank you for taking the time to offer a really good idea.

Funny thing though. I was just about to attempt it, and was in the process of selecting the other files, when suddenly the file in question just disappeared, and hasn't been seen since. Very Strange! Never seen anything like that before. And it wasn't just a "ghost" of the bad file that had been hanging around, cuz prior to this it had shown up across multiple reboots and even power ups/downs. Also, prior to when this occured, I had repeatedly accessed (moved, renamed, deleted, etc) other files in this same directory, so its very odd that this one particular time of accessing files in this directory the "bad" file would suddenly vanish, when it had not done so when I'd previously accessed/manipulated so many other files in the same directory. Like I said, Very Strange.

Anyway, again I want to think you very much Bob for your intelligent suggestion. At least next time I'll try that first before I go around trying to download hex editors for my hard drive!

Take care friend, and have a great holiday!

As for me, I got my xmas gift early... Cable Modem! <Yipee!> Unfortunately, I spent 3 hours on the phone today talking to tech support (plus a second trip down to the local cable office to replace a brand new - but totally defective cable modem) only to discover that there is some sort of problem between their office and my house. So, now I get to wait an additional 3 days to wait for a tech to come out and test the line and wave his magic wand to get everything working. Soooo... Poor me, I'm sitting here looking longingly at my brand new cable modem box, but still on a crappy dial-up line that invariably tops out around 28.8kbs <sigh> <laughing>

Well, enough boring you for now. I've gotta go and hog tie a few more bits.

Later...
Ima Sloetyper