View Single Post
Old December 22nd, 2005
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

Stief just suggested to use a Stack Trace http://www.gnutellaforums.com/showth...threadid=41560 to see if the problem can be traced.

My only suggestion would be to try deleting your LW Preferences folder whilst LW is closed; instructions here: Point #2 in Fixes for Limewire (sample at bottom of page.)

I'm not sure about Cox. They have been known to shape some people's bandwidth. ISP's known to BLOCK or Filter p2p or specifically Limewire But if it was related to them, I would have thought it would affect uploads also. I could only guess their shaper software auto-detects LW use & after a set time is activated but is only active during that time for that particular user. (Perhaps the shaper's manually turned on.) But that's guessing. I suppose you could try another gnutella program like Phex (click on link) or BearShare Lite (click on link) to see if the same thing happens. If it does, then that would tend to point toward Cox as the culprit. Unless your connection devices are losing consistency & reliability somehow.

Last edited by Lord of the Rings; December 22nd, 2005 at 08:13 AM.