View Single Post
Old November 30th, 2001
Unregistered

Question Overall change

I have used Bearshare for awhile and more recently Limewire and very recently Xolox. Even though Bearshare lets you see more of what is going on with all it's different windows, at least older versions did, xolox (hate to see 'er go) hasn't dumped so many of my downloads as other p2p programs have. Last night I was hauling butt with xolox for awhile at around 100 kbs on one of the transfers. Iv'e never gotten bearshare or limewire to do this.
I have noticed a disturbing change i one thing in particular and I'm hoping it's just something with my computer and not the gnuttella network. I share somewhere around 4,000 files and about two months ago or so, not really sure, I would almost always have somewhere around 10 people downloading from me and this would remain consistent from a few minutes after connecting until going off. Lately, whatever I am using there is only 1 or two downloads an hour and I've also noticed that it is getting alot harder to find stuff and I'm getting fewer results from my searches. I'm just wondering if anyone else has noticed this too and if they know what it is.
On a final note, thanks so much to all the developers of xolox and I am so sorry to see such a good thing go.