Thread: Cd playback
View Single Post
Old December 23rd, 2005
Apprentice

whatnow is flying high
Unhappy audio or data disk? i'm confused.

Quote:
Originally posted by Peerless
make sure you are creating an audio CD
Hi all. I've been sitting here for hours researching various forums trying to learn about burning music to a cd, as well as where to post this question/situation.

I love my wmp. I'm used to the layout. I can burn music through wmp, musicmatch jukebox, and i also have ahead nero, though have not used that in quite a while.

I dwnloaded music from LW, made music specific playlists in LW, then couldn't open or find them in the LW playlist. The titles were there when i pressed "open...", but nothing was in them. I added to the playlists a few times and probably renamed them. I did find the playlists days later in my limewire file, listed with the titles i had given the seperate playlists. (I did go to the shared folder by the way, but didn't find them there)

Anyway, when i thought i'd lost ALL MY HARD WORK, i decided to move them (or maybe i copied them - can't remember) to my wmp. I think i clicked "add to now playing list" or something like that and found they went into my media player library. Before doing this i don't think they'd play with media player, i guess because they have the jukebox icon. From there i burnt the playlist to a cd - don't know what kind other than to say i only had 78 min of room. I believe i just pressed the "burn" button.

The songs were all there, but when playing on my old stereo, there was much crackling going on. My son showed me how he burnt music using jukebox. His music sounded just fine on the old stereo, so i re-did mine his way. Again, the songs were all there, and i got excited when they sounded great, until about the middle of the cd, when the crackling came back, only worse than the first cd. I am only using R's, not RW's. Everything played clear when i used my cd walkman though, i'm glad for that.

Sorry, i'm rambling....THE REASON I POSTED HERE......When researching forums, it seems i got two different suggestions in terms of making or burning a music disk. One says do DATA ONLY, and you say to CREATE an AUDIO CD. I'm not computer savvy, not up with all the jargon either. What is the difference? Which one is the right one to get more than 78 min on one disk? I read somewhere that it's possible to get 12 hours on one disk? ANYONE KNOW HOW?

To whoever reads this, might i just say thanks for taking the time. It's hard when you don't know what you're doing, but it's great to know that someone out there cares.