View Single Post
Old December 24th, 2005
Gnutella Veteran

me d is flying high
Unhappy Runaway Shortcut & (4.10. )

i rarely leave linewire runnig thru the nite, because i usually have problems after. recently problems with conflicting firewalls. this time of year i can't get my computer geeks over to help.

anyway, i left L W running the other nite, next morning i had an error message. it wouldn't let me print it, it listed all my L W parameters. it also told me there was a program download problem, and i had to D L the program again. i was on dial-up when i D L program the first time. (took forever) worth the wait tho. i figured because it took so long then, that that was why it had a problem now. i D L LW again. it found all my files, settings etc. (cool) last night i shut it down. this morning it was gone again. i didn't realize yesterday this is a new version 4.10. does that have anything to do with anything? now that i have hi-speed i don't have a problem D L program everyday, but if i had dial-up that would be a real B*#CH.

i have been on LW almost everyday since i DL it. no problems other than the usual gremlins. i would really appreciate any help.

p.s. Merry Christmas