View Single Post
Old November 30th, 2001

Moak is flying high

Quote:
The RIAA has always gone after the largest, most popular program not the weakest. If they went after the weakest ones then all the very little programs with very little user bases would have been sued and shut down.
True! That's what I ment with they take the weakest and most attractive. So this will deny your thesis, that any kind of protection will endanger Gnutella.
I wonder that you do not believe in Freenet ideas. However the "Freetella" ideas describe more guerillia countermeassures like rerouting of small parts of traffic (would be possible with swarming, okay I repeat my self, sorry) and more ideas could be envolved.... think positive/constructive.

Quote:
Moak i dont think you really understand gnutella from other networks. [...] mutate into new programs/verisons [...]
Nice and friendly today? But you brought up a not so far mentioned point! Mutated Gnutella programs/verisons, be honest: This means Gnutella must not only be a open protocoll, the client must be open source too and the main developers must be strongly protected agains lawsuits. So this also means a new kind of thinking inside Gnutella... open source and more cooperative behaviour... awesome!!!.... since months I'm looking forward to that day (what about Vinnie?).
In open source servants I see indeed one of the _best_ strength of Gnutella (bye bye proprietary clients)... thx for mentioning it!
In that context I hope the developers community finds an agreement about anti freeloading - or together with more upcoming multisegmented download servants Gnutella will kill itself IMHO.