View Single Post
Old December 25th, 2005
Apprentice

etj is flying high
Default Re: What If...

My 1969 mustang was "misplaced" will FOrd give me another one? Does this give me the right to "steal" one?

Of course not.

A one-time purchase of something doesn't give you a "lifetime" right to it. As long as you can "posess" it, you can use it. If you sell the record collection, or otherwise have no posession of it, you're just out of luck.

Quote:
Originally posted by HeadCraft
What if over the years...myself being >50y/o..I had purchased every song I now have as mp3/wma but due to a variety of circumstances no longer had physical possession of the original vynal, tape, or cd (e.g. the vynal got scratched so bad it was unplayable, it got burnt up in a housefire, destroyed in a flood, broken when someone sat on it at a party, etc or the 8track that died the same fate as my cassettes: cassette tape that was eaten by my player, melted in the sun, was contaminated by sand at the beach, etc. or the cd got warped on my dashboard, became useless due to age deterioration, etc.)

or GOD FORBID SOME AS*hOLE STOLE MY MUSIC FROM ME!!!!

DO I STILL HAVE RIGHTS TO THE MUSIC I PAID TO USE & IF SO DOES THAT MEAN I CAN DUPLICATE MY MUSIC LIBRARY WHICH I PAID FOR >40 YS BY REPLACING THE LOST MUSIC VIA P2P?

THE ISSUES BECOME COMPLICATED, DON'T THEY?