View Single Post
Old December 25th, 2005
Apprentice

Josey is flying high
Default installing Limewire help plse.

Hi' all,
I have 2 questions, the first is when I type in the name of a song and the artist's name I get a message saying "your search is too specific please make your search smaller and try again ", so I delete the singers's name and then I get everyone who ever recorded the track then I have to scroll through to find the one I want. I was at my friend's house yesterday and he doesn't get that message. I have 4.8.1.

My other question is about installing Limewire. I installed it for another friend but the icon would not go from the taskbar even when we closed Limewire. I was told this is not a good thing to have the icon in the taskbar as that means the program is running all the time. This doesn't happen to me. I uninstalled it from my friend's computer but she wants to learn how to download music etc., so I need to install it again for her. She is leaning the basic's with her computer and too nervous at this stage to do this herself (I'm no expert myself). I must have done something wrong when I installed it the first time for her so just want to know how I can stop the icon from staying on the taskbar when she is not using the program. Incidentally, I noticed that at my other friends house yesterday the icon stayed in his taskbar when the program was closed too. I would appreciate any help.

thank you,
Josey.