View Single Post
Old December 27th, 2005
Novicius

Cheznor is flying high
Default Please, I would like some help

Hello... I have a problem with Limewire... it won't connect... and i've done like everything i can think of but nothing works; including alot of things people have recommended on these forums. The thing is that Limewire WAS working for a while after the first time I downloaded it, and then about a month later it decided not to anymore. So if anyone could help me, it would be greatly appreciated. I know you guys like lots of information so i'll try and supply some that may be of some help.

Connection: I'm using a wireless laptop with Windows XP which is connected to a DSL connection via a D-Link DI524 router. The DSL connection, and subsequently the router, are connected to my home PC.

Firewalls: I guess theres the Windows firewall. Also I believe there is one on the router, and I also have Norton which i believe has a firewall on it.

Actual Problem: Well like I said, Limewire was working perfectly fine for a while, and then all of a sudden one day I tried to go on and it said it was connecting and i was only getting one green bar. When i tried to go and search for something it gave me the message "Limewire is currently connecting to the network." And basically, it would never connect. After a while a message would pop up saying "Your machine does not appear to have an active internet connection or a firewall is blocking limewire from accessing the internet."

Please, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You very much.