View Single Post
Old December 28th, 2005
flame-retardant

Hyper-kun is a great assister to others; your light through the dark tunnel

Oh you tracked back the files. What do you mean with "track"? Did you click the "track" button, or what? Do you think you're some ub3rh4x0r? Can't you talk plain English and say that you used the "whois" tool and found out the IP address
was assigned to RoadRunner?

I also wonder what's your obsession with RoadRunner. If you opened your eyes for half a second, you'd see that spam originates from a lot of places, not just RoadRunner.

You have proven yourself that you jump to conclusions without having any facts at all. For example, you claim I haven't looked at spamhaus. Well, funny, I believe I did. Maybe you are the spammer though, because you gave an invalid domain name. It is spamhaus.ORG not .COM. But thanks, it shows how sloppy you are. Furthermore, I have already told you that big ISPs are likely to have more spammers and hijacked machines in their network than small ISPs. That is not really that difficult to figure out, is it? What about the other ISPs in the list? And keep in mind that spamhaus can only see what they are looking at. I cannot confirm their values at all. Certain spam comes mostly from Russia, other ongoings originate usually from China or Korea.

Regarding your search strings, it is trivial to return results that match exactly your search terms. This is far from being new, that has been happening since the first days of Gnutella. Trojans and spam in Gnutella are nothing new either. That has been going on for at least 2 years if not longer. There was even a widely known worm called "mandragor"
(or the like) during its first days.

You wonder why spammers choose RoadRunner. That's simply, they offer mostly end-user accounts. End-users are stupid, they cannot take of the security and integrity of their systems. At least the majority cannot. Next, RoadRunner offers solely fast cable access. Spammers need bandwidth, there's no point in hacking machines of 56K-modem users which are online 2 hours a day. You want a machine with permanent internet connectivity and a lot of bandwidth. RoadRunner offers this and their users are obviously easy bait. Maybe there's a flaw in their hard- or software which makes it even easier than usual.

What you still don't grasp is that RoadRunner or whatever ISP is not liable or responsible for their users' actions. You really sound like stome dumbass attorney who managed to get Compuserve's boss into jail. You'd probably blame the mail service if someone sent you anthrax. A lot of people received anthrax per mail. Don't you think UPS behind this? There was surely something fishy going on.

By the way, yesterday some AOL user around here murdered someone and I remember some month ago, another AOL user also killed the someone. I'm sure AOL is behind this. That's the only explanation.

You think someone brighter will read this or even answer you?
Man, you're really funny. As I told you before, if you have evidence, tell the newspaper or rather the police. Don't go to a random forum and make up some stupid conspirancy.