View Single Post
Old December 28th, 2005
Apprentice

etj is flying high
Default Re: Re: loss of revenue

so true,
I wonder ohw many other people will try before they buy.
I've purchased CD's, tapes, records etc. that had one good song and no others. I was frustrated and felt ripped off.
Also, about the quality. You're absolutely right.

I really don't think it's completely right, but the music industry is just whining like the post office and everyone else. Things are just changing. Get used to it.
I have no problems going to a music and paying a subscription fee but I'm not going to pay $2 per song when the quality sucks and I could have bought the CD myself for the same price.

Quote:
Originally posted by HeadCraft
I also believe that being able to preview music via the internet, whether P2P, freebie incentives of MMJ, Rhapsody, itunes, Yahoo music, etc. does more Good than harm: If I have an opportunity to preview tunes w/o standing at the sampling places in Wal-Mart or Sam Goodies ("record stores" ad Infinitum) I may be more inclined to purchase the CD if I have had an opportunity to listen in the comfort of my own home.

A large portion of shared music is HORRIBLE quality, vocals sound like the singer is in the bottom of a Well usually...BUT if it sparks my interest I will be open to purchasing the entire CD just to have a quality recording...as long as some company like Sony doesn't install a Rootkit on my 'puter....BAD Sony!!