View Single Post
Old December 30th, 2005
Valued Member

ukbobboy01 will become famous soon enough
Default (Real or Imagined) Security Problem

Mr Poetrob68

I am somewhat mystified by what you have said so far:
Quote:
next time you use LW, look for a file that is on your computer.
Well I just did, I tried to find two documents that were on my "C" drive, my LW shared drive is on my external "N" drive, I came up with nothing.

If you were right about the security problem all my hard drives would be exposed.

You went on to say:
Quote:
Since LW gives you the ability, to look for images, documents, music, etc, the ability to find other stuff is limitless.
What is your point? LW gives your PC the ability to share files with other PCs, remember "share files" not just music files but all files.

Again, you said:
Quote:
All someone has to do is find your shared files or owner files and anything on your computer can be viewed.
Again, what is your point? Anything, file, document, picture or whatever is in your shared folder LW will share, don't you understand that?

Finally, you said:
Quote:
Where do you think the stuff you download comes from? Thin Air? LW is a file sharing thing. I don't need a backdoor because the front door is wide open with LW.
An extremely silly question, you presume that readers of this forum know as little as you do about P2P apps and file sharing. If you do not know where the files come from that you download then that is your look out, not mine or anyone elses.

You remind me of the novice that believes he has found a gold mine but all he has got is a hole in the ground half filled with dirt and copper (once called "fools gold").

I would suggest that you do your research again, this time try to be more methodical.

UK Bob