View Single Post
Old December 30th, 2005
Valued Member contributor

Grandpa will become famous soon enough

Lord of the Rings

You must have had some spare time on your hands on this one that was allot of research.

As the lord said there are allot of things that can cause the BSoD since you said you are not doing any overclocking we can rule that out unless you have done some in the past and maybe went to far.

The next issue would be drivers but you say nothing has changed on your system so that is unlikely. You haven't added any new software or hardware recently.

All of your hardware is pretty high quality I think FX-55 came out 3 or 4 years ago so it is possible that some thing may be going bad but unlikely.

Have you ran a registry cleaning app lately or windows cleanup app you have to be careful if you do run of those types of programs they sometimes remove things that windows need to operate.

From what I see it is most likely that Windows has been corrupted some how whether from a virus or a link got lost somehow. The easiest cure I know of for that type of situation is to plop your windows CD in and reinstall Windows. When you do this it will check for a previous version of Windows and ask you if you want to repair the previous install just click yes.

Before you do this you might want to go to the link below and ask Norbie for his advice. The BSoD can be a very hard one to chase down but if it isn't a hardware problem then reinstalling Windows will work almost every time provided you copy of windows isn't corrupt.

http://www.norbiesworld.co.uk/Forums...ic/t=1295.html

java.com - Hot Games, Cool Apps

A little common sense goes a long way

Later Grandpa