View Single Post
Old December 31st, 2005
Enthusiast

ChrisAvalon is flying high

OH MAN - Do you have to be right and does someone have to be wrong?

First of all - Google is run with integrity, and I will never back off that point - the more you "theorize" it's not the more wrong you are, and again and again I'll come back with a rebuttal.

You say you don't want filtered results, yet you call Google IMMORAL for giving you that. Smart. And Google does NOT just allow scam sites. In fact - they close down many MANY websites, and have a huge blacklist for that. They do what they can, and that's the truth. Especially for their paid advertisements.

They do what they can. And I can't HELP but think you're one of those people that whine about anyone who makes money off an idea. Holy **** - I mean you're freaking arguing that all SEARCH ENGINE COMPANIES ARE IMMORAL just for indexing and cataloguing information.

Even when they attempt to do so fairly and justly. The fact that a profitable marketplace has grown with sponsored results and PPC's is by NO MEANS an immoral action! That's so pathetic. That's like saying Classified Ads in newspapers are immoral - as are commercials on TV.

It has become a NEW MEDIUM and they have EVERY right to profit. Which, by the way, is a win-win-win situation for advertisiers, Google, and its users.

Google does its best to uphold integrity - and DOES have a system in place to get rid of those scam sites. They're constantly upgrading their search engine algorithm so others can't immorally cheat the system to get better results.

As for Limewire/whatever - the only reason I want it to filter out the useless Ad crap is because it takes up the ENTIRE search when I do it. I get no REAL results because it's substituted by these sponsored ones.

Does someone get paid for that crap? Because it's ridiculous. I'm saying their service is rendered useless when this happens - that's my point. So they should do something about it. If all the results showed up, I wouldn't have a problem, but, they don't.

It's not just "UNFILTERED" it's completely freakin' biased.