View Single Post
Old December 31st, 2005
Enthusiast

ChrisAvalon is flying high

I think they created a fine medium, and these poor poor scammed people I don't have sympathy for. It's just like any other advertising medium - buyers beware. Like I said, the law is sound - it's not Google's fault, nor are they immoral for upholding that. Just like commercials aren't, just like classified ads aren't.

People still need the pay attention online to what they buy. If "SPONSORED RESULT" suddenly gives their company instant credibility then I guess "LESSON LEARNED" for these folk.

Good job, Google, teaching the world to be a less naive place. I still think Google is providing a solid medium for advertising that's in no way immoral, but I also understand your point.

Those borderline scam sites having first result (not really.. more like SPONSORED PAID ADVERTISING RESULT) would make it seem kind of non integrous. But then, I thought you didn't BLAME Google for that.

I think in fact, you do blame Google for that and call them nonintegrous on those grounds. I disagree, because it's just the Law's issue, Google is the medium provider. They're not doing anything wrong, and uphold sound principles.

I'm not going to feel sorry for these poor "scammed" folks when they're the ones making the decision, not Google. You can't BLAME Google for having this advertising medium - pick on the Law to find that ****.