View Single Post
Old December 31st, 2005
Airhead

birdy has a distinguished reputationbirdy has a distinguished reputation

Hi roast,

1. There are several other fixes for this problem besides scanning for viruses:
http://www.gnutellaforums.com/showth...threadid=39421

Since so many LW users acquire the program through scam sites, and given that these scam versions may well be infected by various sorts of malware...it's just good old common sense to suggest that users scan for problems. You also have to remember that certain users will download anything without care and so, may have unknowingly allowed a virus into their system. In my opinion, advising someone to scan for a virus is just being careful.

2. I have absolutely no clue about this one so, sorry, can't answer it. Though, I'm sure some of the more senior people here can help you out.

3. I've been running LW for 18 months and have never found it to contain either spyware or adware. I scan for both on a daily basis. The link you gave took me to a site which was selling a particular antispyware program. Of course they want you to think LW has spyware...they want you to buy their program. If you download LW from the official site, it will be clean. Certain antispyware programs will tell you there's a problem, when there's not. It's called a false positive. It's a marketing tool

Cheers!