View Single Post
Old January 1st, 2006
Apprentice

oldtrout is flying high

First thanks for the help and suggestions.

It sounds like you chose a different downld location to the previous version you had on your computer & that's why your incompletes weren't recognised. But I would have thought you'd be using the same preferences so I don't know why this should have happened.

I did used the same location.

1. Your system crashes whilst LW is open.

Didn�t

2. You jump backward to an earlier version of LW.

I tried to but the new version opened.

3. You don't close LW properly before shutting down the computer. LW can take a minute to close properly.

I am sure it was closed correctly.

If you have your LW options set to close only after present uplds & downlds have completed, then it won't close down fully. (LW's menu bar, Tools>Options>Shutdown)

That feature is not selected.

3. You accidentally erase the download.dat file which is found in the incomplete folder.

That incomplete data was zapped when the Pro version was installed.

5. You have your downld folder (& thus incomplete folder) set for within the LW program folder. And you then install over the top of this folder.

Hum. For some reason I didn�t install Pro in my C/Program Files but rather in E/mp3/Limewire which is where the download file is. Sounds like this might be my problem. Should I remove Pro and reinstall it in the C drive? (Away from the download file)

Perhaps you should delete your LW preferences.

I will wait your advice re above first.

Only A Hobo

Old Trout. Which version exactly of pro are you using (see Limewire or Help > about)

4.10.0 Pro
Java 1.50.0_04

Problems? See Limewire FAQ & User Guide,

I had forgotten that this was available. Duly noted.

Forum Rules & Stickies inc. Major Topics (top of forums). Try Search (above right) Still have Problems? Just ask, once, new thread in a suitable forum

I thought that this was the correct forum. Please advise.

Thanks again