View Single Post
Old January 1st, 2006
Disciple

hushtool is flying high
Unhappy No Ethernet Hits???

Just a quick message.....Just wondering why i don't get any Ethernet hits for my searches? (used to when I had Bell Sympatico High speed [ISP], in fact never had any DL issues with Bell, when using LW or any other Gnutella client) I have the option set for all speeds or whatever....4-5 stars.....blah blah blah. Everyone else I know gets the except me, is this a problem on my end?

Also My LW DL's are still crap, incase anyone was paying attention....lol. I have tried Everything possible, and i do mean everything from port #'s to every option that i could possibly try in LW, with all of your help, and yet its still crap. I guess you can add SOURCE CABLE to the ISP's that use bandwidth shaping.

One thing puzzles me......I have Norton IS 05, and have allowed LW firewall access. Yet that %^&*ing icon (Enabled Firewall) is always there. And when I try to direct connect it too says that I have a Firewall enabled. My only Firewall is from Norton IS 05. Since I use Win 98. I used to have a program called Freedom, but is was erased from my HD long ago, could something like this or similar be blocking me, or is it my Fantastic ISP (after all the do advertise the fastest Internet in Southern Ontario, hmmmmmm wonder why?????)

Anyway enough, talk from me and thanx for listening.

Scotty