View Single Post
Old January 1st, 2006
Novicius

jreimann is flying high

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord of the Rings
Do both steps #1 & 2 here: Try deleting your LW Preferences folder whilst LW is closed; instructions here: Point #2 in Fixes for Limewire (sample at bottom of page.)
Yes, re-install Java again but ONLY using the "Offline" installer version. Installing over the net can cause problems.

BTW if you can't find your LW prefs as described, then LW 4.10 is probably your 1st version of LW. In which case the preferences folder will be found here: How to delete LW preferences folder in 4.10 (click on link) Don't forget to set the view options to show hidden files & folders before you search for limewire!
I have already deleted the . limewire folder and i have uninstalled java and reinstalled it with the link earlier in this thread but it didnt work.

i had limewire 4.9something before and this same problem happened when i had it, i installed 4.10 because i thought it would fix the problem. ill try offline installing java again to make sure but i believe i already have.
thanks for the help

edit** i uninstalled and reinstalled java (the offline version ) and lime wire still doesnt open

Last edited by jreimann; January 1st, 2006 at 12:52 PM.