View Single Post
Old January 1st, 2006
Enthusiast

sonnet is flying high
Question Upload Limit Reached - 1000 file limit; keep increasing Uploads Per Person?

See my sig for specs on my computer, connection and Limewire version.

I am receiving "Upload Limit Reached" messages. I have set each user to upload 1000 files (I realize this is an expected message when a user reaches the Upload Limit).

In the past (before upgrading several times, and on a really old version; probably back in 2002), when I wanted to give users a chance to download more files, I would restart Limewire. This would reset the "Upload" for each person to zero, so that those who had previously receivd an Upload Limit Reached message would now be able to upload more files.

However, on newer versions of Limewire this does not work. How can I allow people who are getting Upload Limit Reached messages to upload more files? (a) Restarting Limewire doesn't work. (b) I could just keep increasing the "Uploads Per Person" file allowance, but is there another way?

I increased Uploads Per Person from 10 to 100 and now 1000.

Thanks in advance.

PowerMac G4 933 with ISP Brighthouse/Roadrunner broadband 15/2 connection running Mac OS X 10.2.8

~~~~~~~~

Details of my computer (firewall, RAM, hard disk), network set-up, country, and all can be found here: http://limewiresettings.jottit.com/