View Single Post
Old January 1st, 2006
ReTired

Sleepless is just really nice
Default Re: force resume - plz bring it back

Quote:
Originally posted by punkprincess
LW 4.8.x had a force resume option. if a file was awaiting sources, the force resume option would start a search for sources. now, with it gone, the only thing you can do about files awaiting sources is to cancel them and then restart them. becomes kinda troublesome, switiching back n forth with ur incomplete folder in the library and the download tab.
i would love to have the force resume option back for good!
I just periodicaly mark all inactive downloads, press pause and then press resume. Works fine for me.

I think LimeWire is the best p2p program on the net, but it could do with a bit of rethinking.

1. Wouldn't it be great if you had a schedule where you tell the program when to be active like Shareaza. I have free internet from 0-6 o'clock every day and it's a drag to have to set my alarm to go of at 6 when I don't have to be up till 7.30. Im sure alot of users would appreciate it.

2. Your preferencing filter really needs a never allow freeloaders not rarely as it is now. Even Freeloading Leeches hate Freeloading Leeches. + Being able to ban specific IP's from downloading from me. People that share preteen incest etc. files should be banned completely from all networks and deserve jailsentences and not great movies and songs

3. Being able to connect to the G2 network as well would be very nice too. It's growing rapidly. Especially when downloading large files it would do alot of good.

4. An extra search option giving you the option to filter out files smaller than or larger than some presets like 1MB, 5MB 10 50 100 and so on.

5. Also I think alot of people are getting very annoyed, when using LimeWire basic, of being reminded every single time they start the program that they should go PRO. Isnt it enough that if the search window is empty there is a notice there plus a banner at the bottom of the screen. A good way to turn people of from LimeWire I think.

6. being able to filter out specific file sizes like 851.7 KB would greatly improve search options. The filter is almost perfect beside from that.

Enough with the negative.
The LimeWire crew is doing an exelent job in improving the program. I know programming takes A LONG TIME

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK