View Single Post
Old December 2nd, 2001
gratis

Default suggestions on weeding out poop files, etc.

Lots of suggestions regarding 18-c:

1. I found the number of hosts info, unfortunately it's on options --> statistics, meaning you have to bring up a new window to watch your connections. That's annoying....

2. Can you put in a window that says "save settings?" if you quit using command-q, rather than "exit?"

3. I would really like limewire to keep EVERYTHING in my download window ("couldn't download" and "downloading)" when I quit (maybe it's the command-q thing, I'll try with "exit").

4. I would really like a pause option on the downloads (sometimes I want to boost speed, or accidentally download multiple files from the same host).

5. Browse host isn't there anymore. It never appeared to actually work, but it seemed like a good idea. ANy reason for taking it off?

6. Auto-search for files in your incomplete directory would be nice.

* 7. You need to do something about the crappy files out there. Can you put in an optional filter for other people's "t-312324- filename" files? And a file size filter would be nice .

* 8. Is it possible to put in an option to "allow" resuming a download of a differently named, but identical file? An ettiquette for naming files would be nice too.

Peace