Thread: viruses
View Single Post
Old January 4th, 2006
ReTired

Sleepless is just really nice
Default Re: viruses

Quote:
Originally posted by kebo9520
I ahve noticed latley that many of the file which come up during a search are viruses. Not many are real files. I find using Torrent file to be abetter way to get legitimate files
Just because you find Torrents easy to use, no all have that luxury. It depends on what ISP you have and especially what router you have and having access to it.

In my case Torrents are virtualy impossible to get downloaded, the fastest speed I get is maybe 1/4 of my connection. I have a "SMC 7204BRA" router with Nat firewall built in, and I is almost impossible to configure the portforwarding to torrents getting full access. Even my ISP-techstaff can't figure that one out+ I have read my manual over and over again trying to find the answer. I could turn the NAT off but my ISP won't allow that, cause their net will have less protection. If I want to use Torrents I will have to buy a new router without NAT, and thats a bit expensive. Especially after using LimeWire for a long time, and having no problems knowing which downloads are legit. In the last year I have gotten 1 virus and some adware, but thats because my PC is properly protected.

So as a reply I can say that Torrents aren't always the best solution, especially since torrent-files often are a lot bigger than files containing the same thing on gnutella