View Single Post
Old January 4th, 2006
ReTired

Sleepless is just really nice

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord of the Rings
Certainly divX is much better than 3ivx as far as encoding goes. Much better playback fluency for a start let alone quality & size. For personal use, I found ZyGo to be very good. As good as DivX if not better. But it might depend upon particular file! ZyGo is freeware I think, as a 3rd party QuickTime component you can downld via QT. But my tests have been very positive generally as for size & quality & playback fluency. But I don't know. Overall DivX is more than likely prolly better.

I also haven't tried DivX 6, but it is only bound to be better than previous versions (saving for some bugs in some version releases.)
I sorry but anything having to do with iTunes and iPod makes me run away screaming. Do you know that it is virtually impossible to download QuickTime without getting iTunes as well. I hate iTunes and iPods so much that I deleted both of my PC and installed a QuickTime alternative instead (One of the smarter decisions). It plays virtually anything, and supports all Codecs, If I can find it and install it, it will play, so now I have one mediaplayer for Video and WMP for music, saving me from a lot of grief.

If Apple wasn't the distributor of the iPod it would be classified as malware I think, and they are probably responsible for a large part of all the AdWare we download by mistake through P2P