View Single Post
Old January 4th, 2006
Riding a Pale Horse and Wielding THE Sword of the Forum

Peerless is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by Hyper-kun
You wrote:
"it's the only pay we get (being able to bend the rulez a bit to make a much needed point)"

So you said it yourself. If you want to know what exact rules
you have violated, provide a link to the rules.

You also wrote:
"I guess you're the type who just bends over and takes it like a man, eh?"

That reads like an attempted offence. I would say that's a no-no for any kind of moderator.

As for the "bait", at least we know you're a liar by now.

"I on the other hand observe a substantial boost from a faster drive"

Don't blather. Put up, or shut up. Provide some figures. Such disks are usually faster but it's not worth disadvantages (noise, heat, money) for most users who cannot take advantage of the minor difference in transfer speed or latency. If you're such a power-user, then you use some RAID array and SCSI or SATA disks. Recording lots of music is certainly not stress or heavy use by any means. It's not the amount of data
that matters. As you might have noticed, a disk doesn't weight more even if you put lots of data onto it.

Think different! The first is the important part.
note the use of the word 'bend'...not break...

bending over and taking it like a man was an obvious reference to not standing up for yourself (moron)

bait was in reference to comments I made intentionally to get a response out of you, and it worked..since I am in the state of mind to assume you are the liar, I of course have to resort to 'tricks' to get some sort of data out of you to try and figure out..as noted, you provided such 'data' quite nicely, thx!

data on drives eh?

I don't need no stinking data to know that a faster drive will stream audio samples faster than a slower one...it's a no brainer...and since I don't own a 5,400rpm drive any longer, I am certainly in no position to do any tests (not that I would anyways for the likes of you) and am certainly not going to go out and try and find one (Newegg.com only has 1 model in stock, and I'm sure local stores have NONE...certainly tells ya something don't it??? (moron)..but from memory (about 4 years ago) I do know I observed a definite performance increase when I bought my first packaged HDD (7,200 rpm of course) and put it in the same box as a 5,400rpm one...

too bad you have such a rotten 'tude, as you do have some decent points to make...its a shame that the chip on your shoulder is the size of Rhode Island