View Single Post
Old January 6th, 2006
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

Only A Hobo was suffering a similar problem. As a last resort I suggested trying the Jum CVS nightly build & it seemed to work for him. It might not work for everybody, but if you check Jum's nightly builds, there's more than one to try. http://www.mager.org/LimeWire/ Jum's builds require no installation, just drag & drop from the dmg. One of Jum's build's might just do the trick. I think his last one was 4.10.2 jum20060105230004 But you need to click on the "nightly" builds link to find them.

BTW I would also recommend the Java reinstall using the "Offline" standalone installer, but this one: http://www.apple.com/downloads/macos...update142.html
If it won't let you install it, then double-click the harddrive icon, open the Library, open the Receipts folder, then find the file: Java142Update2.pkg, delete it and try again. Receipts folder sample image

I would also recommend a SAFE boot, ie: rebooting whilst holding down the SHIFT key until you see the message booted in safe mode. Then open Disk Utility & repair permissions. Then reboot normally. Do this before using LW again & after reinstalling java.

It might also be worth deleting your LW preferences. Search for limewire (in prefs folder) using Search/Find & delete it. Oh I forgot to mention, when doing this search, select extra search option & choose Visibility -> show visible & invisible items. LW 4.10 has its preferences folder in a new location depending upon whether you've deleted the prefs folder since updating. In any case, it'll prolly be wise to delete whatever LW prefs you can find.

Nice timing OAH lol

Last edited by Lord of the Rings; January 6th, 2006 at 10:28 AM.