View Single Post
Old January 9th, 2006
Disciple

boricua365 is flying high

I've been having problems with Limewire for the last several months. It seems that every time I think I get it fixed, it stops working again. I just got a brand new laptop from Dell and I'm having the same problems on this one too. I have a work laptop that I can bring home, and on that one I have no problem using Limewire, I just can't seem to get it to work on my personal one, which makes me think that it's not my ISP blocking Limewire or my router's built in firewall either. I've turned all my firewalls off and that didn't fix the problem either, so it seems to be something other than firewalls. Although I wouldn't say that I'm an expert with computers and networking, I'm definately not a beginner...it's just frustrating when I can't figure something like this out. Here's my computer's info:

1. OS version? Windows XP Media Center Edition
2. What firewalls you have? Windows and Trend Micro
3. How much ram? 2 GB
4. Hard Disk space available? 35+ GB
5. Connection type? Cable
6. Modem & router brand name & model numbers? D Link 624 Wireless
7. Where are you trying to connect from? Home
8. What version of Limewire (LW) & Java do you have? 4.10.3 and 1.5.0_06
9. Who is your ISP provider? Northland Cable (local cable company)
10. Are you sharing the connection with other computers or p2p sharing programs? No
11. Do this simple test for us. Using your browser go here: http://www3.limewire.com:6346/ The page should say 'Your test worked!'. What happens when you go there? Says the test worked.
12. Do This test, Is the result True/False?
http://www.gnutellaforums.com/showt...3757#post103757 Is the result True/False.......Result is false
13. Do a speed test post the results here.
1085 kbps Download 97 kbps Upload

Can anyone help me? I've tried for several months and since it wasn't working I've been using my work computer to download and then transferring them with a jump drive... Kind of lengthy process for some MP3's...

Last edited by boricua365; January 9th, 2006 at 07:27 PM.