View Single Post
Old January 14th, 2006
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

Quote:
Originally posted by Only A Hobo
I'm a little dubious about Download.com. Their Limewire search comes up with scam versions only
c/net need a kick up their x's. Fancy actually hosting reports on these programs. Everytime I go to c/net I get security alerts. I'm not surprised. I tried downlding LW Gold & it automatically knew I was using OSX, it didn't even ask which version I wanted. Yep I'll never give reference to that site again. They're trouble. They don't care what they host or give reference reports on. Also lots of other scam versions of spyware & p2p programs, most of which don't work properly. ie: c/net don't independently review each program. They leave it up to whoever wants to host programs there. Very, very poor effort c/net! Not to mention all the google sponsored scam adverts at the top of the page above search results. c/net download.com is now a dump for scam versions of any other software. Send the warning out!