View Single Post
Old December 5th, 2001
lazy dragon - retired mod

Morgwen is flying high
Default Re: Re: Re: Don't believe the hype

Quote:
Originally posted by John Blackbelt Jones

Do you know how many ad-providers do the same thing as Gator, except for that they are operating from the server side? Did you ever wonder why they (if you let them) store zillions of cookies? Any commercial website trys to acquire user information. And some or quite successful at doing so. Even some ISPs are known for selling statistical information about their users behaviour online...

So what's the big deal?
First of all its not only Gator...

I know how much spytools exists...

Do you really want to compare cookies and spytools???

Cookies donīt download exe code, they donīt connect to the internet without permission...

Do you will tell us now if somebody kills a man its ok for me that I kill one too?

John it seems you know that spytools arenīt "good" that is the reason why you donīt install them but many newbies donīt know what is going on... they believe internet is funny and all people are lovely... but the truth is internet is a risk today, so we have to inform newbies about the risks... and than every user can decide what they want... but without this knowledge they are helpless...

So tell me John where is your problem? If you donīt care about these tools donīt read our posts, donīt comment them...

If spytools are such a good thing why "you" donīt install them?

Morgwen